Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Morning Dews


This poem was written by me for a versification competition in our school and I'd won first place for it. It is with this poem that I would like to start my blog .

I walk along in the mist, the veils of the morn ;
Through the gravelled road not very broad.
I saw an undergrowth full of moth,
And something else that caught my eye.
It was shining like fallen stars.



Is it what I think it is ?
Yes , they are the dews from the sky - the stars of the morn .
Is it a jewel of a diadem or
Ornaments of plants ?
Hanging on the leaves like trinkets and rings ,
Are those gorgeous beauties .
Are they tears of the sky caught on plants ? - I wondered .



They are shining due to sun's rays ,
And glittering on all leaves alike ,
Gaining the greedy eye of all passers-by .
They are spectacles to a fly ,
Confetti for fairy parties ,
And many more of its form I cannot describe .
An artwork on the showcase of the fairy king,
And many other descriptions I cannot express .
It is clear as a crystal ,
Pure as the Holy Cross ,
Stunning as a lightning , and
Elaborate in its content like a small waterfall.
It arises hope and truthfulness , which gives me joy and happiness .
It is a good sight , and a good sprite
Who waits in the dawn .



I like to stay and watch it shine ,
But I have work to do and loads more to do ,
So I walk along the gravelled path again .
A harsh wind came along and knocked the jewels down ,
As I walked along and sang God's song .
________

No comments:

Post a Comment